Love Nature? ….. Come, let’s Walk together!
14 Apr Bt Brown & MacRitchie (lookout for post sometime this week!)
12 May Jurong Park/Lake
09 Jun Mandai (to be confirmed)
LET THE JOY OF DOING A PLEASANT ACTIVITY BE THERE ALWAYS!
Till then…. stay Cool! Be Cool!
The Walk Team EOs: Charles Wee, Veronica Wong, Mary Tan, Jeffrey Lim, Joyce Tan, Serene Low,
Conrad&Sally Tang, Lydia Soh and I, ChristinaCL Chan,,,,,,,signing off.
LET’S WALK & TALK…. HEALTH to our senses and being!
Come CAPER with us from FEBRUARY 2012,,,, allow your senses be pampered by lush greenery, cool sea
breeze or watch children prance around in the parks,,, profound JOY!
On-going monthly walks on every 2nd Saturday/each month
UNLESS otherwise informed.
Rain or shine, CONFIRMED walks will not be cancelled; unless inclement weather that poses danger!
Brief details of each walk will be posted on SHC website for registration: approx 10days prior to scheduled
The Monthly Walk will kick off on SATURDAY, 11th FEBRUARY 2012!
2012 – Monthly Walks on 2nd Saturdays. Confirmed dates:
11 Feb Done
10 Mar Done
11 Aug long weekend, no walk. MIGHT reschedule walk on 25th August instead!
Walking is one of the simplest forms and also the most effective form of exercise. Good for sedentary
Regular walking, like most aerobic activities, is good because cardio-vascular exercise strengthens the
heart and lungs, increasing overall fitness.
Walking is low impact. It does not have the same potential for injury as jogging or other strenuous forms
of activities, yet offers all the benefits.
Founder had asked me to mention the benefits of walking. So here goes…..
Some BENEFITS mentioned by doctors are:
1) good for bones and improves the body’s cardiovascular system. It also helps boost circulation.
2) helps to drain the lower legs of excess fluid and can help prevent varicose veins through the pumping
action of the calf muscles.
3) people tend to be able to walk at a consistent speed than run, it is a more beneficial form of
4) also better for the spine than running, as it puts less stress on the discs. Human beings were
designed for constant movement, not sitting in cars or in front of computers, which causes negative
pressures on our spinal cord.
5) Regular walking is excellent for spinal discs, which receive minerals and vitamins through the
pumping action it causes.