Some of you have joined me at Khao Yai National Park. This will be the first event dedicated to SilverHairsClub members and children, aged 26 and above. We intend to hold this exciting event in Oct, from a Friday to a Sunday.
Khao Yai is located some 1.5-2 hours north-east of the old Donmuang airport. It is ideally suitable for young adults, beautiful waterfalls in October, a good place to look out in its natural habitats for wild elephants, deers, junglefowls, Asian bears, and bird watching.
I plan to stay in tents, which we can buy on our own or rent from the National Park. We will arrange a cook to handle our dinners and breakfast. Ideally suited for members and their adult children.
For ourselves, there are grape plantations, where we can enjoy fresh grapes, juices, red and white wines. Also a good local beef steak.
There is adventure land, with horse riding, ATVS, rides. Our adult kids will enjoy time together, and they will find btheir own time to mingle with one another and get to know one another better. Car racing, and other trills which we used to enjoy when we were young. Bring your sons and daughters along. You have to make the effort.
Quietly located, Khao Yai air is fresh, the morning is cool and a good time to spend with family. Important our children can mix with other children.
Golf. Loves, we can play as the famous “Forest hill” golf course, where many tee offs start from a height. It’s easy.
I intend to make it easy, as we will have helpers to make our trip fun, enjoyable and meaningful.
This trip is for you and your adult children. Our plan is to arrive at the airport, and head straight for Khao Yai, 2 hours away.
Confirmed date: Meet at DonMuang airport at 10am morning and 10am at Survanabhumi airport (if a group is formed) on Sat 10 Oct and we arrive back at Don Muang airport on Mon 12 Oct at about 5pm. Others can proceed to Bangkok for other activities.
More details will come up. Express your interest here.
- Terence Seah
- Moon Wong
- Leon Lau
Gabriella Chua (tentative)
Christina Chan (tentative)
- Charles Wee (Paid)
- Steven Chan
- Bobby Bok
- Daisy Phua (tentative)
- Thomas Goh (Paid)
- Ann Giri (Paid)
- Lily Ho
- Eileen Thean
Young adult family members:
- This list is for young adult family members of SHC members. From 26 years and to below 45.
Tentative plan for the Khao trip:
- Sat 10 Oct 1000 hr – Tour guides will pick us up at DonMuang airport. At the new airport, if there is a group. Tour guides are a legal requirement to protect the tourism industry. We plan to have one guide per van, besides a driver.
- 1300 hr – 2 hours drive, followed by Lunch in Khao Yai, followed by Khao Yao sights. Winery and waterfal. This is almost the end of the raining season, so weather is dry; but plenty of greens and beautiful waterfalls.
- 1600 hr – Check into to tents before night fall so as to enjoy the scenary. Enjoy the beautiful sights of KhaoYai. Also, can have an open air swimming pool. Walks and cycling.
- 1700 hr – For those who are keen to join the night safari to look out for National Parks night animals, the group will leave at 5pm. Gate close at 6pm. Your registration required. Return to base camp at about 7.30 pm to 8 pm. 1-2 hours. Participants sit on open pickups. Torches not required. Need to be quiet and follow the instruction of the Parks guides.
- 1900 hr – Campfire plus rustic Barbeque dinner.
- 2230 hr – Back to enjoy the skies, continue with food and drinks. Crawl into the tents and snore the night away. Closing 12 midnight.
- 2400 hrs – Back to room and sleep for the night.
- 1900 hrs – Dinner, Karoake and dancing in the hotel.
- 1200 hrs – lunch. More sights of Khao Yai.
- 0900 hrs – Sights of Khao Yai National park.
- 0630 hrs – Breakfast and checkout. A simple placing of your luggage, tagged, at the hotel lobby. The porters will place your luggage in your resort bedroom.
- Sun 11 October 0500 hrs – for earlyrisers to catch the first rays of sunlight. May need to drive out. Enjoy the mountain scenary.
- Monday 12 Oct 0630 hrs – Breakfast.
- 0515 hrs – To Khao Yai Golf course, for players only. Tee off 0600 hrs sharp. Only for golfers. Maybe we organise some eggs for you with coffee.
- 1000 hrs – For non-golfers, we go to Premium Outlet, if you like shopping your years supply.
- 1130 hrs – Those who would like to shop their whole years supply of clothings, we will go to Premium Outlet. Save your money now for fashion shopping.
- 1200 hrs – Visit to ChokChai farm, the largest diary farm in Thailand. We can have the famous ChokChai steak here. And try local Thai steak.
- 1600 hr – leave for Don Muang airport. For those going to Bangkok, we can arrange for you to go to Bangkok (selected spots only).
See you at another trip.