SilverHairsClub is for the over 45s. We all see the need for healthy activities, exercises and fresh air, amidst scenic surroundings. There is the walking group, the cycling group and the badminton group. Their activities are organised almost every month; read more about them in the Club’s forum.
Annual Dinner & Dance:
This month is our monthly Dinner & Dance. It’s titled "Arabian Night"; and the organisers assure us there will be plenty of dancing, games, music and fun. If you are looking for a night of dancing and dancing, all dressed up for the evening, you may be able to get tickets to this evening event. Register now in the Club. I think there is still room for you.
Interest groups activities:
There are many other groups, each organised by dedicated members. Join the IT group, the Photography group, the IT Balloon group, the beginners guitar group, the line dancing group, the month end Kovan dancing session and even the online fleamart. Do join them.
There are some changes in the membership procedures.
* With effect 1 July 2012, new membership applications will be processed during the 1st 7 days of each month.
* Members, whose email address has changed, and have not informed the administrator, will be delisted. You would have to apply new. You can tell you are delisted, if you can no longer log into SilverHairsClub.com.
Membership to SHC will continue to be free. As the Club does not have an activity organising committee, members are expected to organise one activity for the Club and its members, during the membership term. If you have not done so, please speak with the senior members who would be able to offer you some ideas. These activities can be related to your interests, hobbies, leisure, charity, travel, small business, etc.
Part-time work for retirees and working members with some free time:
In the coming months, we will focus on paid part-time work opportunities for retired SilverHairsClub members, as well as working members who have some free time. We have now a good size start-up group to launch Eldersitter services to elderlies in Singapore. A number of members have also applied for part-time nanny services, confinement ladies, office stand-ins, errand runners and drivers, and we are now consolidating the names list. We have recently received a suggestion to offer online Chinese tuition to overseas adults in western countries. Retirees and those with the time, are invited to participate. We shall also pursue this idea.
What you can do to help?
You can help spread word around to help our retirees, who are still fit and healthy, to find part-time work. Our retirees have the experience, wisdom and knowledge, being over 45. Working part-time is not just for the money; a part-time job helps us keep in touch with the outside world. We may have retired from full time work, but we have experience and knowledge that can still be put to good use, during our Silver years. A part-time job is our way of continuing our contribution to society and to a labour tight Singapore.
* Your friends or colleaques may be looking for a fit senior to look after their elderly parents, keep them company or send them for a hospital appointment. Hire an Eldersitter from our group of retirees.
* Does your office or factory need part-time staff as stand-in? Ask your company HR, your boss, or your family friends to register with SilverHairs Enterprise by sending an email to SHE@SilverHairsClub.com.
* Is your married children, expecting a baby, and looking for a nanny or a confinement lady? SilverHairs Enterprise may have someone for you.
Please do your part to spread the word around. Contact SHE@SilverHairsClub.com for any suggestions, queries, ideas or opportunity. I shall be very happy to hear from you, as the Blue Helmet project has taken us years to discuss and conceptualise. Many members have contributed to ideas, met at many meetings, spent their time and weekends, and effort to come together.