Advance information. After all the talk on retiring in Chiangmai, about time to put some action into plan.
We are organising a special trip to chiangmai, for members to Chiangmai, with the aim of assessing retirement locations, activities and facilities. The dates are 22 Mar to 29 Mar 2018 (fixed).
A few points:
1. Thai tourist visa, applied at Spore Thai embassy is 3 mths, free. You need to show return air tickets.
2. Kenneth Tan, our regular CM advisor, suggests Scoot flying direct Sin/Chiangmai/Sin. Cost, less than SGD 300. So, you may want to book early. This is non-holiday period.
3. This is not a tourist trip, as it is intended for members looking at Chiangmai as a retirement location. CM will be used as the central and springboard to places in North Thailand. We plan to live the Thai way.
4. Accommodation, we will be staying at a few identified places, within a 1 hr radius from Chiangmai city.
5. Facilities planning will include local fresh markets, hospitals, pharmacies, Internet, parks, bus stations, lakes, night markets.
6. For those with special interest eg cycling, walks, gardening, chickens, Thai cooking, herbs, fishing, ease do research on the Internet. Let me know, and we try to accommodate.
So, please plan ahead. Do join the SHC Chiangmai retirement group, if you are interested.