“Around scenic Phuket”
Next year 2019, I have in plan to organise a “Self drive trip from Phuket to Bangkok” for SilverHairsClub members only.
The period is likely April 2019, and unlikely during the mid April 10-15 Songkhran water festival. Approx 9 days in total.
Starting from Phuket, the drive will take us along beautiful coastal beaches, coconut trees, wooden villages, small seafood stalls, small towns and crossing the narrow land stretch between the Amdaman sea and the Gulf of Thailand.
This trip is for:
1. Drivers only with a valid Singapore licence.
2. Able to read and use Google maps.
3. The cost of car rental, insurance, car parking, petrol and toll will be equally split among all participants. Estimate cost SGD 100 per day, split 4 participants.
4. Each car will be 4 pax only. Each car will require to have two full time drivers.
5. We will not be driving inter-towns after 6pm. However, we will drive at night around the town at night. Therefore, drivers should not have night vision difficulties.
Start and end dates:
- The start date will ne decided when all drivers decide, on a majority vote, on 15 Jan 2019. Trip ends 9 days later.
1. Website: https://www.rentalcars.com/
2. Start point: Phuket Airport (HKT). You may chose to start from Phuket Town.
3. End point: Donmuang, Bangkok. You may choose to end anywhere in Bangkok.
4. Budget rental: SGD 30 – 50 per day. Decision to be made by the two drivers of each. For planning, please use SGD 100 per day for 9 days for all driving expenses.
1. Hotel room will be advised for 1st night in Phuket only. Plse wait.
2. All other nights will not be prebooked, and will be decided as we reach each town on a daily basis.
3. Participants should note we will go for 2 or 3 star hotels twin share only, approx SGD 30-45 per room night.
4. Non-driver participants. The front two drivers in each car will decide if and who they would take as non-drivers passengers.
Besides shared car rental, petrol, toll, car park, and insurance, the back two passengers will pay an additional SGD 15 per person per day to a pool fund for dinner, as recommended by the treasurer.
Unlike Chiangmai and North Thailand, this trip will see plenty of flat lands and long stretches of sea. Food wise, we can expect plenty of fresh seafood, southern thai food (spicy), both Chinese and Muslim style.
Plse note ALL participants will have to do some planning and research. We won’t be on a guided tour but our own holiday free and easy drive.
If you are interested, and meet the above requirements, please whatsapp me at +65 9489 4360. I expect to start planning in Jan 2019.
Please indicate if going as driver or passenger. All back seat pessengers are on waiting list, subject to driver approved basis.
Closing date: Max 4 cars only.
Terence Seah (EO)