(This Post and idea were conceived and written on Nov 2010, 7 years ago. I must admit we had limited but natural organic success,
SHCians who have been with the club for a number of years will know that we have always been on the lookout for matchmakers. To avoid misunderstanding, the role was create with no intention to match-make boys with girls, or vice versa.
I had used this role name in the club to facilitiate the match making of members with similar interests. For example, a new member has joined the club, and is interested to find other friends with interests in tree climbing. Well, the match-maker will then look around his/her contacts in the club and introduce the like-minded members together.
The criteria to be a Match-mater are:
- Has been with SHC for at least a year.
- Is an active participant in this forum, and known to other members.
The tasks are:
- To take care of new members (20 new members), as assigned by the club.
- To assist the new members with finding their interest and participating in the activities.
- To constantly keep in touch with these new members.
So, if you are keen to take up this role, please raise your hand. I will then be in touch with you; and you will be assigned new members. Initially, I am looking for 5 match makers.