COVID-19 has forced us to find new ways to gather together.
From your mobile phone, Zoom is a high definition meeting app with video and screen sharing. Zoom enables us to connect together with crystal-clear, face-to-face video, high quality screen sharing, and instant messaging.
I have been recommended to use “Zoom” for some monthly gatherings. I tested it recently and it worked well for up to 100 attendees. There is a cost to rent this app from the US software provider. We would also require support personnel to handle registration, and manage and cordinate the meeting.
For a start, we will take a free trial. I dont have a name for this event yet. Likely we will call this “SHC Zoom”. To participate, go to Playstore and install “Zoom Cloud meetings” app.
The first SHC Zoom meeting.
1. Topic: free and easy, self introduction.
2. Venue: Anywhere in the world, as long as u have WIFI.
3. Date/Time: Mon 24 Feb 1830 hrs, ends 2000hr.
4. Strictly for SHC members only.
5. Dress: Appropriately as you are on video.
** Meeting ID: 417-852-5736.