Calling all retirees in the East
I have formed a retiree club in the Kembangan area wherein active retirees can:
- gather for coffee chats in the nearby coffee shops/joints in the east
- makan in the hawker centres/markets in Bedok, Paya Lebar and Tampines in the east
- morning walks at 5.30 am or late evening walks at 6.30 pm when it’s not too hot
- introduction to ukulele fun
- yak yak on anything (ranging from current affairs, in-laws, grown-up kids to anything under the sun)
- help and seeking advice from one another
- cycling in the parks (I need a trike or tandem rider though)
- ….. and so on…. the list is by no means exhaustive
The 24-hour sarabat stall at Jalan Lapang (Kembangan) may be a good venue to be considered. It’s just a stone’s throw from the Kembangan mrt station. Those staying in this area may be familiar with this eating place. It’s rustic, nostalgic and gives the ambience of Singapore in the early 60s or a typical Malaysian sarabat stall of today.
These are only ideas on the drawing board and can be finetuned as we gather momentum. A chatline has been set up for those who have indicated interest so as to keep everyone in the loop on activities or good sharings. As we’re retirees, we’ll keep to thrifty thrills/fun…. no lavish spending.
So far, some 20 of my friends (mostly shc) have already indicated their interest in joining this retiree club as and when they’re free. It’s good to form friendships now before it’s too late. One’s spouse may not be with you forever and depression may set in (if you’re too close or dependent on your beloved) and especially when you’re already facing the empty nest syndrome. We must rely on ourselves for our own well-being and happiness. There’s a saying:
“No one is born happy but every one is born with the Ability to create HAPPINESS”.
Just leave a message here or apps me (if you have my hp number) if you are interested in joining the Retiree Club (East). A very important requirement is no quarrelling, hitting below the belt or gossips on my chatline (taboos for the retiree club). We want everyone to be happy and get along well. Any recalcitrant member will be deleted from my chatline :-)
- 23 members in my Retiree Club (East)
- Just leave your name on this forum page or apps me …. tks