Your have been eagerly waiting for the announcement of Mega Event of the year 2009. Now the long wait is over.
- Date: 4th April 2009 (Saturday)
- Time: 4pm to 12 am
- Theme: ‘ROARING SIXTIES NITE”
- Price: S$45 per pax nett (same price, charged by Hotel per pax nett)
- Venue: Mercury Ballroom, 5th level
- Hotel Furama Riverfront, 405, Havelock Road, Singapore 169633.
- Nearest MRT Station: Tiong Bahru. From the station, take bus no: 123 and get down at River View Hotel Bus-stop.
- Bus numbers: 51, 64, 123, 186, 608 and more.
- Sit-in Dinner (round table setting for 10 pax each)
- Your choice of 2 menus – Halal/Vegetarian. Free flow of soft drinks from 4.00 pm to 12.00 pm. Free serving of peanuts during pre-dinner activities from 5.00 pm to 7.30 pm. Beer only from the hotel, chargeable. For duty-paid wine, corkage waived.
- Live Band: Live band with a vocalist. You can groove your bodies to the music of live band alone, with your partner or with a group.
- Professional photo-shoot sessions, for members willing to pay. Arrangement is being made to bring a professional photographer from a prominent photo-studio (subject to good response from members). He will be stationed only at the counter in the venue to take pictures. Mercury Ballroom commands sweeping views of a lush tropical forest on one side and a resort-style swimming pool on the other side. Please see the map above in venue. Hence please do not lose the wonderful opportunity to take good pictures of you with your friends with nice scenery as prop for everlasting memory by using your own cameras.
- Informal chit-chat during the intervals: Hotel has agreed to allow our members to use the chairs near the swimming pool on the side of the Mercury Ballroom for informal chit-chat. Hence, members need not be sitting inside the ballroom in their chairs during the entire duration of the event in a formal way. There will be intervals during the Mega Event of 8 hours. During the intervals, members can go out, get fresh air, and take lovely pictures with their friends and chit-chat with their friends
- SHC TALENT SHOW 2009. A rare opportunity for the members to showcase their talents in this mega event. Talent Show will be in 4 segments. 1. Dance Performance 2. Song rendition (to CD music) 3. Organising Game shows 4. Other Talents like playing any musical instruments, mimicry, stand-up comedy, magic, juggling, demo of yoga, play, etc. Another post will come shortly inviting members to participate and showcase their talents.
- Make-over for members participating in the mega event. A beautiful and cheerful SHC member has kindly agreed to do the make-over.
- Dance Workshop: Members having dancing experience or not, will be taught simple dance steps of popular dances.
- Free parking at hotel car park (limited coupons only. First come , first serve policy)
- BEST DANCING COUPLES:
- BEST DRESSSED GUY AND BEST DRESSED LADY: The dresses should suit the theme of the Nite.
- Others: Dancing floor to dance away.
- Gift/Spa/Movies/Book vouchers
- Lucky draw prizes, won at other events
- Electric appliances
- Bought and forgotten items.
- Cash/ cash vouchers
- Any other good items which you do not mind disposing of like Handbags, wallets, perfumes, cosmetics, lady/men products etc.
Some Highlights of the Mega Event 2009
Luck draw, games and prizes etc.
We are appealing to the generosity of fellow SHCians to sponsor as much as possible to meet the incidental expenses like prizes, decoration, display expenses, etc. We also welcome sponsors for corporate gifts as well. They can be in the form of :
Registration is open. Limited Tables. To avoid disappointment, please register now. If any member wants to have vegetarian food, please indicate your preference at the time of registration. Thanks for your kind cooperation and understanding.
James Tan: Marketing
Norhayati: Venue, Menu and SHC TALENT SHOW 2009
Ann Lim : Registration and administration
Catherine Koh: Dance workshop, decoration and live band
- Bernatte Chung: Treasurer, Song rendition
- Dans Huang: Photography
- Gea Ban Peng: Game