The Club encourages members to organise and EO these trips. These trips do require deposits payable by members in advance and then payable to the travel agent.
There may be reasons and things do go wrong. The EO may cancel the trip, change the travel agent and fail to pay the travel agent.
Members are then confused as to what has happened with their monies and what to do next.
Then, starts the blame game. Members like to travel in groups.
I encourage members to
1. Pay deposits direct to the travel agent. It is your risk if you pay to any another other persons.
2. Get a receipt for the deposit, especially big amounts.
3. Be sure u know the travel agent or the transport company.
4. Some organisers are SHC members but some are not members or have exited the Club. Pls check before joining their tours
5. Bad incidents have recently.
This is an alert. This is your choice.