This has been a long awaited trip to Kerala, located at the Southern most tip of India. Here are some pictures to tempt you to come. It’s very countryside, coconut trees, beaches, boats, winding roads, bananas, mangoes, massages, herbs, fishing villages, and Kerala food which is very unlikely the Indian food we get in Little India.
- Date: 19 – 24 Feb 2015.
- Flights: we shall fly Sin/Cochin and Travandrum/Sin. Altho there are many combinations.
- Mode of transport (internal): Jeep or mini coach.
- Schedule: We wont have a schedule, as this is not peak period. But we will travel from town to cities. We start at Cochin and ends at Travandrum, capital city of Kerala. We will only travel at night.
- What not to expect: Kerala is not Singapore. It’s all about culture, traditions and scenary. With me, you are not likely to enjoy 4-5 star dining. Most nights, we will stay in 3-4 star hotels. The only thing that may be comfortable is transport, altho you are likely to hit your head against the roof of the jeap with bumpy roads. Cockcroaches are about to mature, and they are now 2 months old.
- Food – you bet most of it will be Indian and Kerala food, altho most of what you see locally in Singapore will be available. Please do not expect Chinese food, Bring some packets of instant noods, if you are really unable to eat Indian food, which is not chilly hot, but have a lot of spices. Water – Kerala is one of the cleanest state in terms of hygience. Bottled water is easily available. But, we shall keep our eyes open for fresh vegetable salads and some street food. Maybe the last day, we can have a down pour.
- Visa – Now, Singapore need a visa.
- Cost: I cannot firm a number, altho I know it will not cost a bomb. Hotels, food, transport, driver, tips. I would ask you budget USD 80 a day, altho I think it will be more like USD 60 per day. Flight excluded.
- Language – Kerala has one of the best English speaking population. In fact, many speak British English.
- Trip is confirmed. Please keep these dates if you are able to go. Please have +6594894360 in your Whatsapp. I am in Bkk for almost two weeks. Communication via Whatsapp in our group will start Monday. If you like to join the Whatsapp group, please register here.
- Terence Seah
- Ann Giri (keen to go)
- Moon (very keen to go)
- Freda Lim (join chat grp only)
- Maria Tan (join chat grp only)