Date: Saturday, 11 April 2015
Meeting Place: Changi Village Bus Terminal
Start Time: 4.30pm Sharp
Duration: about 2 hours.
Getting There By Bus:
No 2 from Bedok or Tanah Merah MRT station
No 29 from Tampines MRT Station/Bus Interchange
No 59 from Bishan Bus Interchange
No 109 from Serangoon Central Bus Interchange
For those who are driving, parking is nearby the hawker centre.
ECs for this walk: Veronica Wong & Mary Tan
A walk along the rustic Changi Point coastline is not to be missed!
Changi Point provides a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
A charming boardwalk takes you through lush greenery and undulating terrain along the rugged
western coastline, while a meandering waterfront walkway along the eastern beachfront creates
an interesting tropical experience of sea and sand. Viewing decks and pavilions along the way
enable you to pause, soak in the sea breeze and enjoy the excellent views out at sea.
The Changi Point Coastal Walk is divided into six segments, each with its unique experience :
– Sunset Walk, has beautiful view of the sunset, hence its name
– Kelong Walk, reminisce the good old kelong days as you tramp on wooden stilts
– Cliff Walk takes you through the rugged western coastline
– Sailing Point Walk, enjoy views of the sailboats and the expanse of the sea
– Beach Walk, a relaxing coastal walk along sandy beaches, along the way pause, soak in the sea breeze and enjoy the views out to sea
– Creek Walk, appreciate the views, sights and sounds of the bumboat activities ferrying the public to and from the offshore islands.
At the end of the walk, those who wish to have dinner, there’s the Changi Village hawker centre where there are various food stalls,
Our Walk Team ECs: Christina CL Chan, Charles Wee, Mary Tan, Veronica Wong, Serene Low, Alice Seah, Jeffrey Lim, Azhari Cuttilan.
To join the walk, do register here!
- Gabriella Chua
- Bernie Chung
- Judy Lim
- Peter Goh
- Eyvonne Chew
- Julie Guan
- Linda Chung
- Margaret Soo
- Janis Han
- Janis’ friend
- Alice Seah
- Monica Tan
- Eddy Lee
- Margaret Chua
- Christina Chan
- Alice Tan
- Ronald Lee
- Lydia Soh