(Click on the pictures for a better enlarged view)
Most of us love to have friends whom we can get together. We all love activities. We want to join activities. And we want to meet new people and catch up with old friends. Since the Club started, I have always love to see SilverHairs meet up with other old SilverHairs, and meet new ones too. Let’s see how fast this program catch up with our membership.
First of all, I have found a place to hold a beachside potluck. I accidentally found the place while doing an evening walk. There are new BBQ pits around. It is located somewhere in Changi, near some river mouth. There is a jetty nearby, with some boats there, to ferry people to the islands. The place looks new. I have seen many Malay families gather there with tents, home cook food, doing cycing there.
I like to organise a big picnic there, Once I have identified the place, I shall indicate the date and the time, likely an afternoon 2-6 pm. And, of course, if my diary is free from any travel. Likely date: within April 2014. Somehow, I had cut down my travel after the MH370 issue. No program, food or drinks has been planned. Let’s build the program from here.
All members are invited. Non-members are also invited.
- Members – $10
- Non-members – $15
- If you cook a dish for 4-5 people (not buy) eg curry, stew, I shall discount $8
- If you bake a cake, or make a dessert for at least 4-5 people (not buy), I shall discount $8.
- If you lead an activity eg a singalong, I shall discount $5.
- If you register yourself personally for this event, there is a discount of $1.
- If you bring along another member or non-member of the opposite sex, there is a discount of 10%.
Let’s start. Run wild with your ideas. If ok, I shall say yes, If no, I shall say no within 24 hours.
- Date: Sat 26 April 2014
- Venue: Changi Beach Park
- Exact location: Carpark A, near BBQ pit 6
- Time: 1400 hours to 1800 hours.
The Picnickers are:
- Terence Seah
- Frisna Tan (our famous and entertaining SHC Seow Char Boh who stars in the Seow Seow Channel will be conjuring up some quiz and games)
Rosalind Lee (cooking kong bak bee hoon)
- Lily Lim