We have tried different committee concepts to run SHC. We learn what works and what fails. But, we should not give up, even though we had failed in the past. I still think it is better to have a committee to run the SilverHairsClub. Personally, I do not prefer the status quo situation. So, I will try again. One concept which will not change is that members can continue to organise activities for other members, as EOs or ECs.
The new committee will come from our general membership. For the first year, the chairman will be me. Haha, I am no retired general, maybe a retired fisherman. If you like to join the committee, please whatsapp to me at +65 9489 4360.
Some points which I have learnt over the last 10 years from Club members are:
- Able to work with other committee members. Friendly and sociable members preferred. Less “I” and more “We”.
- All meetings will be via Whatsapp only. Physical meetings only from time to time. Why Whatsapp? because I travel most of the month, so very little time in Singapore. But, I believe in SHC and our seniors population. We have to care for ourselves.
- Members should not circulate pictures, videos, URLs, only text.
- Agenda strictly re Club matters only.
- No politics, sex, race, religion, direct selling and MLM.
- Committee members who are unable to participate in the meetings, I am sorry we have to let you go. Committee members who break the rules, will be automatically take out of the committee.
If you would like to develop a future for SHC, and are interested to make our objective work, I would to invite you to join the new SHC committee. Our objective is to provide a platform for SilverHairs to meet new and more friends. I would like to extend this platform, but let’s discuss within the committee.
I look forward to hearing from you. +65 9489 4360.