(This activity is in conjuction with May’s Monthly
Dear fellow SHCians,
I have not organized any activity for quite some time and hopefully (crossing my fingers), some members will find the time, the day and the date of this Potluck Picnic convenient for them to join. My thanks to Dan Huang and Charles Chua for making the trip with me to recce the park on Monday 30th April’s morning. We have unanimously agreed on an excellent spot that is near the main road, bus stop and toilet facility. There is a sort-of shelter from the heat but not from the rain, lots of benches, grassy ground, trees and a lovely view of the cleaned-up Kallang River.
In my previous thread I received offers of help in provision of food and transportation from some members. I am very grateful for their kindness.
Details of this activity are as follow:-
- E.O.s– Rosalind Lee, Dan Huang & Charles Chua
- Day/Date : Saturday 19th May 2012
- Time : 3.30 pm – 6.00 pm
- Venue : Meeting Point 2, Kallang Riverside Park
- Map : http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_19398/travel_site_1/
Meeting Point 2 is at the spot nearest to the pedestrian bridge linking the park to Crawford Street. If you look at the map, it is at the bottom left. There is a toilet facility near the spot we’re to meet.
What to Bring
- Yummy food or hot/cold drinks or disposable paper plates/cups/refuse bags.
- A mat or plastic sheet if you prefer to sit on the grassy patches.
- Foldable deck chairs if you have your own mode of transport.
- Hats/Caps/Umbrellas in case it rains…..:p
Members who are keen to join this activity will get to enjoy a relaxing afternoon picnicking with other members and taste the various dishes made/cooked/bought amidst serene surroundings.
Please register early stating what type of food you’ll be bringing. Kindly refrain from duplicating the same dish a member has already offered to bring (except for drinks/fruits).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- Rosalind Lee – assorted sandwiches
- Sam Goh – ponchos/fruits/SHC banner
- Susan CH Tan – Lor Bak; Khong Bak; Lor Nerng & rice
- Dolly Lim – Sam will bring extra share on my behalf lor..
- Lily Ho – bringing something
- Johnny Pow – sushi
- Annie Tan – as above
- Janie Leong – disposable paper plates/cups/refuse bag
- Gabriella Chua – finger foods, chicken nuggets
- Charles Chua – cakes
- Tan Li Li – fruits
- Winnie Tan – Brown rice vegetarian beehoon & maybe a fruit cak
- Pearl Wong – bringing something
- Kenneth Tan – fruit punch
- Dan Huang – fruits/drinks
- Thomas Loh – fruits & drinks
- Judy Lim – egg tarts
- Shirleen Kao – titbits
- Dennis Tan – chicken wings
- Bobby Bok – bringing something
- Rose White – bringing something
- Christina Chan – bringing something
- Sarah Zahriah – mee goreng
- Grace Ng – bringing something
- Marge Tan – bringing something
- Ronald Lam – bringing something
- Ann Lim – bringing something
- Lilian Teo – onde onde
- Karen Ng- putu piring
- Barbara Lim – bringing something
- Winnie Lim – titbits
- Karen Thio – curry puffs
- Rosalind Soh – pineapples
- H.C. Lee – beer and nuts
- Sue Tan – kueh salat
- John Howe – chin chow
- Susan Tan SW – salad
- Oi Cheng – chwee kueh
- C.J. – as above
- Christina Phau – canned food