For SHC events, we have held many of our activities at restaurants, cafes, cinemas, foodcourt, public parks and beaches, country clubs, homes, condo function rooms, hotels, sometimes in Singapore, nearby countries and also faraway destinations.
We can now explore further, having some of our activities in the homes. I guess we can work on the following concept.
1. SilverHairsClub will organise and pay for the use of the place, food and drinks, clean-up and a fee for the maid.
2. We can do small groups, hosting 5-15 members, subject to venue and member’s convenience.
3. All activities are open to Seniors in Singapore and SilverHairsClub members. There will be a fee charged.
4. For security purposes, only members who register personally at SilverHairsClub.com can participate.
5. Each gathering would have a focus eg mahjong, arts and crafts, karaoke, viewing a movie, sharing pictures of an overseas holiday, cooking and receipe planning sessions and hydroponics gardening. Games, chess, holiday planning, small business discussions, IT sharing, talks and charity programs can also be in the plan.
Casual chitchats are unlikely to be organised by the club. Chit-chat activities can be organised by any member, as is being done now by ECs.
6. Concept-wise, the organiser will be SilverHairsClub, so the club can schedule various prgrams. The member in the house or apartment plays the role of host, and makes his/her place available on certain dates and times. The activity will be held, subject to acceptance by the venue member and SilverHairsClub.
7. The objective of hosting activities in the homes is to encourage close group interaction among members for specific interest. We are looking at running these activities regularly, rather than adhoc basis. As our activities are not govt-funded and as volunteers are hard to come by, we have to find a workable solution to pay for costs and the organisers and yet give an option for SilverHairs and other seniors to enjoy their interests and meet up with friends.
8. An organising committee, comprising SilverHairsClub members, will be set up to manage these activities. The team committee will be paid a reasonable fee.
This idea of “Hosting activities in the homes” is not new. It has been ongoing and organised by various members. But, it has been limited to small groups and not open to other members.
* if you are able to host agatherings in your home, please contact me at +65 94894360. You can also indicate your interest here.
*. Members who like to be part of this team, and help organise activities in the homes, please also let me know.