We have now almost completed our target of 80 pax for our D&D Cabaret Night 3 on 23 Apr 2016.
Hotel room bookings are now open. Closing date and payment: 30 Mar 2016. All bookings with KSL hotel will be handled by SS James who is our liaison man with KSL hotel. Our corporate rates are:
OPTION 1: Superior (Double/twin) RM 258 Nett per room, per night (with 2 breakfast)
OPTION 2: Superior (Double/twin) RM 208 Nett per room per night (without breakfast)
* Room guests have free access to dinosaur water theme park.
* Members may stay in any other hotels of their choice. Members can also book through any other channels.
* If booking through SHC, payment will be in cash and in RM only.
Bookings and payments closed on 30 Mar 2016.
- SS James 6 + 1 rooms (all without breakfast)
- Andrew Koh 1 room (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD50)
- Terence Seah 1 room (without breakfast)
- Judy Lim 3+1 rooms (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD200)
- Ann Lim 2 rooms (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD100)
- Daniel Chan 1 room (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD50)
- Rose White 1 room (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD50)
- Cecilia Lim 1 room (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD50)
- Lydia Chin 2 rooms (without breakfast) (Will pay in cash to Terence)
- Bobby Bok 1 room (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD50)
- May Woo 2 rooms (without breakfast) (Paid deposit of SGD100)
- . 23 rooms todate.
Please hurry to do your hotel rooms booking now. If you are lookiing for a partner, please make your reqest here. A number of members will be staying 3 pax per room, altho the hotel will only provide for 2 pax only.
Entrance to Dinosaur theme water park is free, for hotel guest.
Post on behalf of Sockie…..
Line Dance Jam at Kovan CC. Tickets @ $4.00 which include a bottle of mineral water.
This is an EC event.
Daniel Ong Teck Hock had passed away at 2.45 pm today.
Daniel Ong was known to us as one of a few SHC members who dedicated his own time and finance in teaching other willing members. He spent every Saturday evening for more than a year in sharing his dancing skills and knowledge with a group of SHC friends at the Braddell Height Club House. We hereby wish to bid him farewell to a journey well travelled.
The wake will be held at Telok Blangah Tower, Street 31 Block 80-D. Funeral on Saturday.
BH Dance Group
I will be holding a line dance jam at Kovan CC and would like to extend the event to members who may be keen to come join in the fun to dance or watch others dance and listen to 4 hours of (practically) non-stop music or just to mingle. Details are as follows;
Date : 6 July (Sunday)
Tim : 2pm – 7pm
Place : Kovan Paya Lebar CC
Price : $4 with mineral water
Dance list : now accepting request and full list will be published later
1) Sockie – EC cum DJ
2) Karen Thio (first Supporter)
3) Susan CH TAN (One that Sockie don want to thanks – hehee)
4) Andrew Yeung (The Greedy Man)
5) Lily Ho (Bring along Koropok to share with Lumut)
6) Bira (Tentatively Yes)
7) Judy (Tentatively Yes)
8) June Chan ( Food Sponsor)
9) Rina Tan (join in the makan & new to Line Dancing)
10) Eileen Thean ( at last – U can make It)
11) Any more Kaming !!!!!
Dancing has definitely changed since our childhood days. I am not sure what your first disco night was like, and whether you rmembered who you dance with. Well today, we have social dancing, ballroom dancing and line dancing, all sorts. Our days of disco dancing were fun.
It’s time again to go disco dancing. And, our schools are selling tickets, and everybody is encouraged to buy at least two tickets. Organisers volunteer to put up balloons, and very likely we have a live band. Not so sure if we can afford it, although in this disco, we wont have a live band. It’s alright if the speaks sqeeks, or goes bomm bomm bomm. Never mind if there is a blackout. Everybody gets excited, who can we dance with? What if we get rejected. Toughest part, is what we wear?
We have a few details:
- Date: 17 May 2014
- Time: 1700 – 2300 hours. Our parents want us to be home by midnight.
- Place: We have to find.
- Food: Yes, the school teacher is still working on it.
- Drinks: Orange punch, water melon punch. Ours may be different.
- Program: Let the boys and girls across the other class come up with it. Please help and come up with ideas. Tie one leg with someone else leg.
- Birthday: Are you borned in May?
- Number of pax: 30
- Charge: Cannot be expensive, our parents gave us $0.50 a day.
This event can also be a chance for you to dream and bring your friends and classmates together. And, if your class wants to EO this event, why not? Hands-up?
The Ageless Theatre presents Faces (Phases) of Love, a play about the power of love and the search for that special someone. It comprises four short skits, including one about a lonely widow’s love for her deceased husband, and another about four mahjong buddies reminiscing about love and loss.
The venue is the Marine Parade Community Club Theatrette. Each ticket costs $15. As contact numbers of the organisers cannot be displayed here, if you wish to join a couple of us for this performance, you may transfer funds to my POSB Savings Account 159-13164-5 and I can purchase the tickets on your behalf.
What is interesting is that the Ageless Theatre comprises people aged 43 and above.
Any play enthusiasts?
Hope to have some of you join me in the line dance class starting this Sunday :)))
Course : Line Dance (Upper elementary/12 lessons)
Period/Day/Time : 15 Sep 2013 to 8 Dec 2013/Sun/4pm to 5.30pm
Venue : Bukit Batok CC (near West Mall/Bukit Batok MRT station)
Fees : $53.90 for Passion Card holder paying with Passion Card
$55.00 for Passion Card holder paying with cash or ATM card
$60.00 for non Passion Card holder
See you this Sunday!
5 Shirley – Paid
6 Debbie Oh – Paid
7 Audrey Wong – Paid
8 Richard Lean – Paid
9 Bessie Lam – Paid
Good, All 5 Tables full liao so I can siew kang liao…. I will let all of you know the arrangement of ticket pass over come nearer to the function date… … 🙂
Dolly – EC
Calling all dance enthusiasts.. music lovers… or those who just want to hang out on a Friday night…
July’s Dance Nite will be at Union Square – Ntuc Club – Amara Hotel.
This club has a cuban band playing mostly latin music like merengue, salsa, bachata, samba, rumba, cha cha. Band start from 9.30 pm. All the way till the wee hours of 2.30am!
For the early birds, the DJ will spin music to your request, as early as 7pm. So if you want to do your style of dancing, come by at 7pm.
Drinks at 40% discount before 9 pm for ntuc members and after 9 pm 20% discount.
This is a very cosy place, nice ambience and a good size dance floor.
There are many buses plying along Tanjong Pagar road, and the nearest MRT station is Tanjong Pagar Station, just a few minutes stroll away.
Please respond by 20th July so that we can make the necessary table reservations.
(Event co-ordinators : Janet Loo, Lydia Chin)
Ladies & Gentlemen of Leisure –
Come for a fun-filled afternoon of ‘beginner class’ Line Dancing.
Venue: East Coast Siglap CC – 6 Palm Road.
Date : 18 Feb 2013 / Mondays.
Time : 1pm to 2.30pm
Fees : $65 for 10 lessons. Passion Card members pay $55.
Interested participants & enquiries please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
EC: Pearl Wong.
Calling those who want to learn line dancing………
I am organizing a line dance interest group for those living in Siglap and Bedok, who do not know how to dance and have always want to learn.
Come learn and dance to country music, latin, blues or pop, you’ll love……..one of the most fun ways to exercise and at the same time make new friends.
This is not strictly a SHC activity, if your friends are interested they are also welcomed to join.
- Venue : Siglap CC, Bedok South Ave 3 (opposite Bedok Court)
- Date : Weekly on Fridays
- Time : 8pm to 9.30pm
- Cost : For 12 weekly sessions – Passion card members $36 and non Passion card members $46
For those who are interested to join, meet me at Siglap CC on Friday, 18 Jan 13
See you there!
EC : Mary Tan
"My friends ask me why I go all the way to Kg Ubi
when there’s a CC nearby, but all my SHC friends are here"
"Eh, when are you going to plan for the next
class. This one is coming to a close."
"Teacher does not rush us through the
dance, so I can catch up…….."
Glad to get the 1st course off its feet. It is ending soon
and we’re going into Course No. 2 – Disco Rock & Square Rhumba.
15 of SHC members converged for the current
course – this is group effort, thanks v much to Ann who linked
me to the teacher and to those of you who brought your own SHC friends to join
us. With a few outsiders, the class was more boisterous and atmosphere
was relaxed since we’re all from SHC.
Course No. 2 will start on 15 Feb.
Venue: Kg Ubi CC (Eunos MRT)
Fee: $65 (10 lessons)
Time: 8.00 – 9.00 pm
Post on behalf of
(Sockie is away and will return on 21 Dec.)
- Venue: Paya Lebar Kovan CC, Hougang Street 21,
Multi-Purpose Air-con Hall
- Date/Time : 23 Dec 2012 from 2 – 7pm
- Cost : $5 (with Refreshment & Lucky Draw)
- Nearest MRT : Kovan MRT
- Bus no. 136, 153, 321, 80, 81, 82, 107, 112, 113, 119
EC – Sockie
Dance List :
- Rocking Good
- Come dance with me
- Mom’s good look
- Back again
- Vertical Expression
- Flying High
- Seal Our Fate
- Tennessee Waltz / NDA Waltz
- Wherever you may wander
- Addicted to You
- Dancing in Line
- La Chico
- When I need you
- Summer night cha cha
- I like it, I like it
- Black coffee
- Magic cha cha
- Tango with the sheriff
- The way you look tonight
- Bee-Bop N Boogie
- Bang bang
- Just a kiss
- Open arms
- Still love me tomorrow / Will you still love me
- Once upon December
- All my heart
- Electric slide / Tush Push
- Body in Motion
- Fanilow’s Eyes
- Pepito del bo
- The same star
- On the straight and narrow
- Who did you call darling
- Chill Factor
- Don’t cha wish / Freak like me
- Na Mara
- Live it up
- Who else but you
- Whole again
- Muevelo cha cha
- Rock n Roll Bride / Rock around the clock
- The Belle of Liverpool
- Hot Tomales
- Quanto Amore
- Eagles Rock
- Heart of an Angel
- Not like that
- Dancing party
- Wherever you come back to me
- My father and me
- La Luna
Time permitting :
- Little runaway
- Rainbow’s end
- Island in the stream
- Shame and scandal in the familly
- Holding on to yesterday
Firstly I would like to thank all those who turned up at the last jam on 15 Jul. Though most of you do not do line dance on a regular basis and some don’t even dance but you still turned up to give support, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now it’s time again for another 5 hours of non-stop dancing at Kovan CC and I hope to see all of you again.
Andrew ‘Young", you need not wait a 1000 years or more….the dance will be on the list so hope you can dance to your heart’s content …. that is if you are no in HK on that day…then you may have to wait for the next 1000 years
Pauline, since you were so hardworking learning the Shy Waltz from your ‘sifu’ I will also include this dance for you if you are coming
For the ‘E Sliders’ there will always be 1 dance at least for all of you and maybe a few more easy to follow dances.
As usual I will be putting up the dance list in a day or 2, so if anyone of you has an special request, pls drop me a line at my e-mail address at email@example.com.
Details of Jam as follows :
- Date : 2 Sep , Sunday from 2.00 to 7.00pm
- Place : Paya Lebar/Kovan CC – Multi Purpose Air-Con Hall
- Charges : $4/- per pax with a bottle of mineral water
Nearest MRT : Kovan MRT (buses 136, 153, 321, 80, 81, 82, 107, 112, 113 & 119).
Dance List :
Eating Right, Drinking Bad
Bump ‘N’ Grind
Cinco De Mayo
Amarillo in the Morning
Silver Threads n Golden Needles
Hip to be Square
Summer Night Cha Cha
Blue Mountain Waltz
1000 Years or More
Somebody Like You
Stroll Along Cha Cha
Seal Our Fate
Kiss in The Dark
Live It Up
On the Rocks
You and Me in the Country
Down Louisiana Way
Red Hot Salsa
2001 BC Coaster
On the Promise
My Heart is Your Heart
Mom’s Good Looks
Wherever You May Wander
What’s Your Name
Give Me Back My Bullet
Tango with the Sheriff
I’m Moving On
Sway Me Now
Dancing in Line
The Last Dance
Lady in Red
Life is a Roller Coaster
Freak Like Me
No Matter What
Additional Dance ( Time Permitting )
Just A Kiss 2
Sockie (EC cum DJ)
Calling all Line dancers (and non-line dancers too)
Time again to put on your dancing shoes and bring a few friends to join us for 5 hours of non-stop line dancing on a Sunday afternoon.
For those who do not dance, you can bring your bottle of ‘lethal’ or ‘non-lethal’ liquids, some snacks, kick off your shoes, sit back and relax to some good old music (mostly country western) and watch people dance (if you want to)
Details are as follows :
Date : 15 Jul 2012, Sunday
Time : 2pm to 7pm
Place : Paya Lebar/Kovan CC (air-conditioned hall)
Cost : $4.00 (with a bottle of mineral water)
I will put up the dance list after I have collated all the requests, so if you have any favourite dances you want to do then please send me a request via e-mail or through this thread and I will try my best to put them on the list. For non-dancers I can take requests if you have any favourite songs of yours you want me to play too ….that is provided I can find a dance to the songs and there are at least 10 people who can do the dance.
As this is not a strictly SHC event, you can bring your friends along and have some fun too… yeeehaaaa
As usual for those who have forgotten the steps or want to learn a few more dances for the jam, you are welcome to come to my classes for some practice sessions starting this week for a nominal fee of $5.00 which will cover all the practice sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Participants list (Target 150 pax)
- Sockie (EC)
- Andrew Yeung – tentative, hope can shuffle back in time
- Karen Thio – only know ‘electric slide’ but will support and scout for ‘shampoo’ model
- Lily Ho – bringing a few with her
- Caroline Gee – zero knowledge on line dancing but may be talent scouted for shampoo modelling
- Lai Fong – will support and join ‘electric slide’ club and bring (wonder what is ) XYZ
- Patricia Sin – will join ‘electric slide’ club – will be late
- Bobby Bok – Welcome and bringing your kaki bo huh?
- Rosalind Lee – time to bring them dancing shoes again
- Dolly Lim – MIA for a while, welcome back
- Evelyn Ong – most of your requests will be in the playlist
- Melissa – – Another new face, welcome
- Pauline Ho – maybe another shampoo model
- Malcolm – Cannot run from me
- Eileen Thean – Wants to do Wild Wild West
- Annie Tang – Shuffling in with Eileen
- Janie Leong – will be late and hopefully bringing in a whole gang with her
- Thomas Loh – hope he does not disappear half way like he always does
- Peri – ticket already taken liao
- Agnes Seow – no worry just look out for ‘markers’ and follow them
- Susan Tan – Yeah she is Kambing daun
- ………anymore coming?
Dance List as follows
|1||Dancin in the Dark||45||Love Me A Little Bit Longer|
|2||Wherever You May Wander||46||Come Dance with Me|
|3||Vertical Expression||47||Hot Tamales|
|4||The Shake/Shaking All Over||48||Poor Boy Shuffle|
|5||Addiction||49||Just a Kiss 2|
|6||Stitch It Up||50||Rock & Roll Bride/Rock Around the Clock|
|7||Delilah||51||I said I Love You|
|8||Silver Threads||52||Repose Waltz|
|10||Body In Motion||54||Write this Down|
|11||Holding On to Yesterday||55||Jai du Boogie|
|12||Chilli Cha Cha/Magic Cha Cha||56||Romantasy|
|13||Kiss Me Quick||57||Tango With The Sheriff|
|14||Quanto Amore||58||Catch This Moment|
|15||Lady Cha/Sex Bomb||59||Whole Again|
|16||Wild Wild West||60||Cowboy Cha Cha|
|17||Martini Moments||61||Whenever You Come Back to Me|
|18||Bug in My Magarita||62||My Father & Me|
|19||Step Back/Walk Right Back||63||Shy Waltz|
|21||Pepito Del Bo||65||Two Shades of Blue|
|22||Cha Cha Cha D’armour||66||TGIF|
|23||Who Did You Call Darling||67||Patient Heart|
|24||Electric Slide/Tush Push||68||La Luna|
|25||The Way You Look Tonight||69||Corazon Espinado|
|26||Triggered||70||Ain’t It Funny|
|27||I’ve Been Better||71||Evergreen|
|28||Rhumba & Roses||72||Here we go Again|
|29||What You Mean to Me||73||Kiss On My List|
|30||Radio Dancing||74||No Matter What|
|31||Cherry Blossom Cha Cha||75||Shame and Scandal in the Family|
|33||Such A Night|
|34||Quando When Quando||Additional Dances (Time Permitting)|
|35||Live It Up|
|36||Be Bop N Boogie||1||Rainbow’s End|
|37||Cruel Bear||2||Por Ti Sere|
|38||Loosing the Love||3||Be Mine Tonight|
|40||RIO||5||Have you ever Seen the Rain|
|41||Red White & Blue||6||Eternity Ring With Love|
|42||Champagne On Ice||7||The Long & Short of It|
|44||Twistinacha||CLICK HERE to see photos|
There will be a Social cum Line Dancing Nite at the Braddell CC. Come join in the fun in dancing or fellowshipping with other SHC members.
This is a EC event, non-SHC members are welcome!
Venue : Braddell CC (behind Serangoon MRT)
Date : Saturday, 12 May 2012
Time : 6.30 – 10.00 pm
Cost : $ 5.00 per person (include entry fee and light refreshment)
Live Band "Evergreen" led by Charles Cher – a fellow SHC member.
You may purchase your ticket at the entrance on that night or register here to reserve tickets.
…………. any more?
EC – Lily & Charles Cher
See you at Kovan Nite.!
***Tickets for the event are available on the very evening***
Date: Friday, 27 Apr 2012
Time: 7.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Fee: $3.00 with Mineral water
Venue: Paya Lebar Kovan CC (Multi-purpose air-cond Hall)
Blk. 207, Hougang Street 21
Ah Nee, Event Co-ordinator
Those coming :
Anymore coming ……
I am trying to contact Sock Cheng to know more about her Line dancing classes. Can anyone help me please?, Thanks a zillion. Patricia
1) newbies/novices sub-category: we will help you to get started in dancing by introducing you to 5 social dances; these are the social cha cha, disco rock, square rumba, slow rhythm and social waltz; we will conduct lessons for you; we will provide you with notes on the various steps so you are less likely to forget the steps and if necessary we will revise them frequently; you should be able to dance comfortably in any social dancing events once you have completed these lessons; lessons will tentatively be on sunday afternoons between 3pm to 5pm; we will confirm the venue in due course;
2) basic/elementary sub-category: this is by far the largest group; most of you can already dance the social dances; so we will introduce the elementary steps of the ballroom waltz; the elementary and intermediate latin rumba; the elementary jive; perhaps the elementary latin cha cha as well, depending on progress and time constraints; lessons will be on either sundays between 6pm to 8pm or tuesdays between 8pm to 10pm; we will confirm the venue in due course; notes will also be provided;
as some of you may know, presently there is a small group of amateur dancing enthusiasts who come to together and share the love for dancing with one another; we hope to conduct more dancing sessions to reach out to those of you who are keen to take up dancing or who wish to continue to learn new variations; we will probably be sharing the cha cha, disco rock, waltz, square rumba, latin rumba, viennesse waltz, jive rhythm and others in the near future;
if you are keen or have an interest in social and ballroom dancing please indicate your interest here so we can keep you in the loop as and when we are able to provide lessons or have a social dance function for members;
eo: daniel ong
I am doing a strictly line dance jam at Paya Lebar Kovan CC for my student groups and the public and would like to extend my invitation to all the line dance enthusiasts in SHC to come join us for 4 hours of non-stop dancing. For those who do not dance, you may want to bring your wine/beer/makanan then sit back relax and listen to the songs (about 60 to 70 songs) and watch people dance.
Date & Time : 2nd October, Sunday from 3 to 7pm (Walk through of some dances from 2.30pm)
Place : Paya Lebar Kovan CC multi-purpose hall (Air conditioned)
Cost : S$3 per pax (with a botlle of mineral water)
Dance list :
|1||Out & Jump|
|3||Lady Cha/Sex Bomb|
|5||Kiss On My List|
|6||Electric Slide/Tush Push|
|7||LDC Express/Take The First Step|
|12||Pepito Del Bo|
|14||Rhumba & Roses|
|17||Red Hot Salsa|
|18||Little Rhumba/New Romance|
|20||Who Did You Call Darling|
|22||Waltz of the Wind/Waltz Across Texas|
|23||Catch This Moment|
|24||My Little Runaway|
|29||Whenever You Come Back to Me|
|31||Back in My Arms|
|33||Cowboy Cha Cha|
|34||Island in the Stream|
|35||Sway Me Now|
|37||Sweet Sweet Smile|
|38||Chilli Cha Cha/Magic Cha Cha|
|40||Wild Wild West|
|42||Rock The House|
|44||Step Back/Walk Right Back|
|47||One Step Forward|
|48||Stroll Along Cha Cha|
|49||What You Mean to Me|
|52||Body In Motion|
|53||Honky Tonk Stomp|
|54||Kiss Me Quick|
|56||Dancing In Line|
|58||Back In My Word|
|59||Come Dance with Me|
|61||Love Me A Little Bit Longer|
|62||Wherever You May Wander|
|63||Kiss In The Dark|
|64||Holding On to Yesterday|
How to pay – you confirm your attendance, I keep the ticket, you show up and pay at the door (Note : All proceeds will be paid over to the CC)
Event Co-ordinator & MC – Sockie
Members coming to the jamboree
1) Lai Fong- I believe you can do more than slide and drink kopi-c
2) Tian Soo – offering his bare hands to help hold/support anything that is falling/drooping
3) Geraldine – may fly in from Hong Kong to offer her bare hands to hold…. different things from TS
Karen Thio – wanna slide with Lai Fong – mai lai liao, unless Ah Kou can kncok her with the racket and drag her here
5) Gingko – another slider
6) Andrew Yeung – offer to buy kopi-c but not for me ……… PAID
7) Elieen Thean – Wild Wild West is her cup of tea
8) Cat Ho – my beloved ‘Ah Ko’ skipping her bed(minton) to come support me
9) Ann Giri – one more slider coming to the party
10) Susan Tan – already marked her calender liao
11) Caroline – coming to listen to music and watch us gelek PAID
12) Lina Ng – so excited over La Luna and Back in My World…forgot to po mia…kenna humtum
13) Lily Ho – bring jacket hor, cuz I am giving you the Chill FactorPAID
14) Dolly Lim – Give some Magic and you will cha cha cha like there is no tomorrowPAID
15) Janie Leong – Bringing her keropok PAID
16) Audrey Wong – The elusive one…you know what I mean ya PAID
17) Hou Chong – coming with a bottle in 1 hand and the other (bare hand) to hold the nuts
18) Laura Wee – Welcome, welcome
19) Susan Chang – This Golden Girl will add some sparkle to the jamboree…no need gold bar but gold dust will do
20) Agnes Seow – Your Vertical Expression just made it to the list
21) Roland Lam – One more guy to ‘balance’ the yin
22) Marg Tian – Long Time so see, glad you could come
23) Lina Tan – Ditto
24) Eliza Chua – Double ditto
25) Judy Lim – You ‘ponteng’ work to come dancing ?
26) Lilian Teo – From Full-moon party in Thailand to Line Dance Party in KovanPAID
27) Anne Lim – Was wondering where you’ve been, welcome, welcome
28) Jacqueline Han – No worry I will slide next to you
29) Bobby Bok – Glad you can come join us
30) Yatsing – Not only you can slide, nor you can also do the Charleston liao neh
31) Boon Liang – Am sure our John Terbotak can groove to the music lah…but where is Sandy huh?
32) Janet Chan – Still over the moon after ‘One Night in Chinatown" ……now you can relax liao no more rehersal
33) Thomas Loh – Make sure you cancel all your other appointment on that day hor
34) Cat Yeo – Can help jaga Thomas and make sure he does not do his ‘ disappearing’ act hahahaha
35) Eyvonne Chew – You did say yes tiok bo huh
36) Judy Tay – still in tme to slide in
Anymore ‘sliders’ coming….and of course ‘non-sliders’ (with bare hands) are welcome too :0)
BTW I will be teaching and revising some of the dances during my various classes from now till the event, so for those who need to refresh your memories or learn a few more dances, do feel free to drop by when you are free. If you need info on my class schedule, do drop me a line
Hi Ladies of Leisure – This Fashion Show Interest Group is open to SHC Lady members who are 57yrs old onwards and are not working as I intend to have weekday afternoon sessions. Day & time depends on majority participants. My intention is to organise fashion show to entertain SHC members who attend our lunch or high tea. Those who can commit do respond. I love to hear from you. Cheers, Pearl Wong.
See you at Kovan Nite!
***Tickets for the event are available on the very evening. No need to transfer $$$ to my account, just pay on that day.
Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011
Time: 7.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Fee: $3.00 (Curry Puff + Mineral water)
Venue: Paya Lebar Kovan CC (Multi-purpose air-cond Hall)
Blk. 207, Hougang Street 21
Ah Nee, Event Co-ordinator
Those coming are:
- Ah Nee
- Yat Sing
- John Howe
- Richard Wong
- Thomas Loh
- Sam Huat
- Bobby Bok
- Agnes Low
- Catherine Koh
- Andrew Yueng
- Judy Tay & her SHC buddies
- Daniel Ong
- Lai Fong
- Debbie Oh
- Lydia Chin
- Eunice Tay
Dear Dancing Frenz
In celebration of the forthcoming 46 National Day, there will be a Mixed Dance Jam (Line & Social) organised by the Yio Chu Kang CC.
For those taking public transport, use the following guide (just key in the address you will be travelling from) :
Date : 6 Aug 2011 (Saturday)
Time : 4.00 – 10.00 pm
Venue : Yio Chu Kang CC, 50 Ang Mo Kio St.61 (Nearest MRT, Yio Chu Kang). Lots of carpark in the vicinity
Cost : $ 6 /- per person
4 – 6.30 : Line Dancing (Music by DJ)
6.30 – 7 : Dinner (Light refreshment with Chicken Rice)
7 – 10 : Social Dancing (Live band by Charles Cher & Co)
Limited number of tickets available, so please hurry your registration here. Currently, manage to secure only 20 tickets. Will request for more pending demand. Registration without payment will not confirm your reservation.
Kindly take note :
Payment by ATM transfer to Dolly’s POSB Savings Account No. 146005136.
Tickets will be reserved on a first pay first served basis.
This is an EC event and non SHC members are welcome (non-members’ name not required).
So, come join in the fun.
EC – Dolly & Lily
Tickets issued / reserved :
- Dolly – paid
- Lily – paid
- Yatsing – paid
- Yatsing’s friend – paid
- Caroline G – paid
- Thomas Loh – paid
- Dolly’s friend – paid
- Eileen Thean – paid
- Janie Leong – paid
- Bessie – paid
- Andrew – paid
- Ah Nee – paid
- Rose Chuang – paid
- Francis M – paid
- Cath Koh – paid
- Lina Ng – paid
- Chew Peng – paid
- Judy Tay – paid
- Eunice Tay – paid
- Andrew Yeung – paid
- Robert Tan – paid
- Serene Leow – paid
- Daniel Ong – paid
- Bobby Bok – paid
- Peng Peng – paid
- Lina’s friend – paid
- Terence Tan – paid
See u all at the dance. Let’s have fun.
We are glad you have been actively taking part in several dance events held by various EO
over the last few months. For the month of July, we will have one at Selegie (Jeffrey Gan’s studio).
Here are the details:
Title: SHC July Tea Dance
Venue : 169C, Selegie Road
Date : 31st-July-2011 (Sunday)
Time : 12.00 – 1.30pm (Light Buffet Lunch) (HALAL)
1.30 – 6.00pm (Boogie, Joget, Tiao-Wu time)
Transport : MRT Stations – Dhoby Ghaut (NS, NE, Circle lines) and Little India (NE Line)
Bus services (opp Selegie House) – 56, 64, 65, 131, 147, 166
Map : – http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_13404/
Special Performance : Bachatango by members
Music : – Live band and CD
– Social, Latin, Ballroom, Line dances
Price : $15 (by 24th-July-2011)(pay to DBS Savings 047-5-014580)
Closing date : 24th-July-2011
No of participants : 30 (min); 50 (max)
Eligibility : Members and non-members
Bonuses : 1) Attractive Lucky Draw Prizes (sponsor by EC)
2) Free flow coffee/tea and water (sponsor by co-EC)
At the same time, we want to make this YOUR dance event. As such, we encourage
you to submit any song request and if you have the audio file, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
for compilation. Note 1 request per participant please.
Strictly no gate-crashers.
The party makers:
1) Jeffrey Gan (EC) (pd to JG)
2) Irene Lee (pd to JG)
3) Hamidah (paid 8/7)
4) James Tan (EC) (paid)
5) Susan Tan (paid)
6) Hwa Bee Gek (pd to JG)
7) Francis M (paid 9/7)*
08) Catherine Koh (paid 9/7)*
9) Lim Kok Eng (pd to JG)
10)Catherine Lim (pd to JG)
11) Edwin Tan (paid 10/7)
12) Philip Yeo (paid 10/7)
13) Primrose Kok (paid 8/7)
14) Sue Chan (paid 7/7)*
15) Wong Hong Jeng (paid 7/7)*
16) Karen Wong (paid 10/7)
17) Pharis (paid 10/7)
18) Lydia Chin (paid 10/7)*
19) Jeff fren x 1 (pd to JG)
20) Maria Tan (paid 10/7)
21) Pearl Wong (pd to JG)
22) Eunice Tay (pd to JG)
23) Grace Kang (pd to JG)
24) Gingko Tay (paid 10/7)
25) Audrey Wong (paid 10/7)
26) Gabriella Chua (pd to JG)
27) Jonathan Ong (paid 10/7)
28) Eileen Ong (paid 10/7)
29) Jeff fren x 1 (pd to JG)
30) Jeff fren x 1 (pd to JG) :: Deal is ON – The Party Starts
31) Jeff fren x1 (pd to JG)
32) Jeff fren x1 (pd to JG)
33) Bobby Bok (paid)
34) Janie Leong (pd to JG)
35) Agnes Low (paid)
36) Caroline Gee (pd to JG)
37) Dolly Lim (pd to JG)
38) Lily Ho (pd to JG)
———- C L O S E D ————–
1. Lydia Chin – That’s Rock and Roll by Jive Bunny (R n R)
2. Jonathan Ong – Tenessee Waltz (Waltz)
3. Eileen Ong – Sex Bomb (Disco Rock)
EC : Jeffrey Gan and James Tan
"If you have SilverHairs at heart, and likes to organise activities for SHC" – I just joined SilverHairs a few minutes ago as I would like to lead a group of ‘Drama / Acting Enthusiasts’ in SHC. I had just finished my 3 years programme of ‘Theatre for Seniors’ with The Necessary Stage and had 3 public performance experiences. This 3yrs programme was encouraged & sponsored by Council for Third Age on ‘Active Aging’. I would love to meet up for a discussion so that I can share more on this and answer whatever queries before your club decide to start the class. Cheers!
It had been quite some time that we had arrange Tea Dance and in order to keep the activity still ongoing. Both Lily and me will be organising a Tea Dance as follows:
Date : 19 June 2011 (Sunday)
Time : From 1pm to 6pm
Venue : NTU Alumni Club, 11 Sim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Rd) #08-02 (formerly known as 8Degree)
Cost/pax : $14 inclusive of entrance fee with 2 soft drinks or mineral water
This is change from the usual Kovan CC Jam Dance and sincerely that hope members and their friends can come forward to join us to let our hairs loose and put on our dancing shoes to spend a wonderful afternoon 🙂
Those interested, kindly register here and payment to be made to Dolly Lim’s POSB Saving# 146-00513-6. and Closing date for payment will be on 15 June 2011.
Interested members are as follows:
Dolly Lim x 1 friend (Paid)
Dolly’s Friend (Paid)
Lily x 1 friend (Paid)
Lily’s friend (Paid)
Jane Tan (Paid)
Janie Leong (Paid)
Susan Tan (Paid)
SusanT’s friend (Paid)
Audrey Wong (Paid)
Bobby Bok (Paid)
Ah Nee (Paid)
Susan’s Friend (Paid)
Susan’s Friend (Paid)
Chew Peng – Paid
Yat Sing – Paid
Yat Sing’s Friend – Paid
Thomas Loh – Paid
Bessie Lam – Paid
Gingko Tay – Paid
Molly Quek – Paid
Lynn Tai – Paid
James Tan – Paid
Sue Chan – Paid
Jeff Gan – Paid
Jeff Friend – Paid
Jeff Friend – Paid
Jeff Friend – Paid
Jeff Friend – Paid
Any more keen to join us?
Cheers… Dolly & Lily (ECs)
I will like to share my experiment of facial Kua-sa with those ladies’ who are interested to have a younger looking skin.
I am not a professional Beautician by trade but I picked up this Facial Kua-Sa a few years back and have benefitted from it . I have be using this method to do monthly facial on my own at home and have save money for not visiting the SPA. A few SHC members have see the result of this facial Kua-sa .
I have very bad pigmentation as I am always under the hot-sun with my kids’s outdoor activities. With this facial method – it have lighten the pigmentation , lift-up the skin around the Cheeks where it will always form a "Pa-Zhi" as we age. It helps to soften wrinkles on the fore-head as well as crow-feet around the eyes.
This facial Kua-Sa will help blood-circumlate around the facial area which result in a more radiant & growing skin.
So , all the "Ai-Swee" ladies who are interested … Sign in for a morning class at Cafe.
Venue : "Bra" Cafe
Date : 14/May/2011(Sat) Time : 10.00Am – 12.00 Noon
Course Fee : $25 (include a Kua-Sa tool worth $15 to bring home after the class)
Include one "lemon Whitening Mask" which we will be using during the class
Things to bring : * Day cream (yr own daily use cream) or Baby Lotion
* Small Mirror
* hair-band or a towel to tie your hair back
** Please come without your make-up but is ok to apply your day cream as we will be doing a Hands-on Demo in the class **
Do come down for a "Cha Bor" Morning breakfast & Chit-Chat session and make yoursel "Mei Mei" for the day to come.
"Ai-Swee" Cha Bor Supporters
- Janie Leong (make myself Swee Swee – sure I come)
- Caroline Gee ( to attract prospective Aussie beau after the Kua-Sa )
- Maria Tan
- Pauline Khoo ( refresher Course)
- Irene Seet ( eager to be a fair Lady)
- Janet Chan (chop a place here)
- Sockie ( specially keep this time slot for the class)
- Helen Kuek ( don know what is "Kua-Sa" – so eager to learn)
- Sally Kang (cfmd coming)
- Dora Lim ( something new – she want to learn)
- Lina Ng (sms registration)
- Ann Toh (sms rgistration)
- Cynthia Neo ( want to be a fair lady)
- Clarice Ng (never meet her B4)
- Oi Cheng ( long time no see)
- Margaret Lee (From Cafe ??)
- Yatsing (The Beer Queen)
- Rebacca (From Cafe ??)
- Jessie Lim (Lawrence’s Wife)
- Pauline Ho
Date: 26 March 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 6pm to 11.30pm
Venue: Serangoon Gardens Country Club – Kensington Ballroom l & ll
Theme: Prom Nite of the 60s/70s
Dinner: Buffet Style with free flow of soft drinks
Beer: Buy your own @S$6.50 per mug
Corkage: Liquor & Wine – Waived
Music: "Live" Band and DJ’s List
MC: Irene Lee
Caroline Gee – EO
Lily Ho & Dolly Lim – Games and Rock & Roll Dance Competition
Dan Huang assisted by Joy aka Ah Long – Finance and Prizes
Chee Lai Fong & Gang – Registration and Seating Arrangements
Hamidah Ishak & Gang – Dance Performance
Tan Boon Liang assisted by Karen Thio – Decorations
Jeffrey Gan – Music
Jeffrey Gan – S$200 Cash
SK Chua – 1 Bottle of Jameson Whiskey and 1 Bottle of Cockburn’s Special Reserve Port
Lee Hou Chong – 1 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Rosalind Lee – Trophies for the Prom King and Prom Queen Contest and Gifts of Appreciation for Committee
James Tan – Trophy for Rock & Roll Dance Competition
Norlinda – S$100 Cash
Chee Lai Fong – S$100 worth of Takashimaya Shopping Vouchers
Dolly Choo – 3 Bottles of Wine
Special thanks to Molly Chua for booking the venue and arranging the menu for us and to all the kind sponsors for their generous donations.
Special thanks also, to the committee members who are working very hard to ensure that you have a fun filled and memorable time at the Prom Nite.
And many many thanks to all of you, dear supporters, for making this happen.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the party!